Monday, August 13, 2007

15. They talk about feedback and participation and I think the libraries of today have that. It's just a difference in whether it's face to face or through a blog comment . This is a bit limited however, in the amount of information that is made available. Wikipedia scares me, because I don't know if people out there know that it is not guaranteed information. I guess, those that are computer literate will know how wikipedia works but I think kids could get the wrong idea about it. There are also a lot of people out there that are not computer people and they would much rather talk to someone about their complaints. The future of libraries is definitely changing because of the "world-wide web", but I hope it goes slowly. It's all so much technology and it gets overwhelming. I must admit , thought, that there is a lot of information out there in the world and by having the ability to give people the access to it in many different formats is amazing. It will definitely change the library's future in the information gathering end of it, but you will still need the personal touch that is provided by the staff.

No comments: