Monday, August 13, 2007

16. I loved the Wiki's!!! I can see a lot of uses for me personally. My cousin in Indiana keeps our family tree. Wouldn't it be cool to put it in a Wiki and we can all access it and put in our additions or deletions. I am planning on talking to him about it. I went on the Book Lovers Wiki and that was my favorite. That is a great idea for a library to have where everyone can add titles and comments. It would be helpful to patrons looking for a new author to read . The ALA New Orleans is a great way to "take notes" from a meeting. It's a big job for one participant at a conference to report on what was learned and this way everyone who went to the conference could put, as they say it, their own two-cents worth. That is a great tool for library personnel and for any other company in the business world to use. So a WIKI can be just about anything that someone would like to share with others. It can be personal, business or just plain information someone thinks is interesting. A neat little tool!

No comments: